This policy covers all users of the dabs.com website. It is not necessary to register in order to gain access to the searching facilities of the site, but we may restrict access to certain areas as set out in our information about Cookie Preferences. Access to the desicateringequipment.co.uk website is free of charge to all users. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you are using our online services.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR DATA
The personal information we collect:
- During our registration process, we ask you for personal information such as, your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, contact numbers, payment information, password and date of birth (optional) which identifies you and enables us to communicate with you.
- We will invite you to tell us your interests, or information about you, so that we can make our communications relevant and interesting. This may include information such as your brand preferences, or the type of technology you like. It is up to you whether or not you provide us with this information.
- We and our third party advertisers may also collect other information about you when you visit our website, such as, your IP address, details of the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, your browser type, where on the internet you came from, pages you visited on our website and adverts that you clicked on, including, any search terms you entered.
- When you order goods [and services] from dabs.com we will carry out credit-checking enquiries about you. To do this we will provide some of your information to credit reference agencies. For more information about our credit checking processes scroll to the bottom of this page.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send updates regarding the status of your orders
- To process your order
- To improve the content, design and layout of the dabs.com website and to facilitate knowledge management
- To understand the interests and buying behaviour of our registered users
- We monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and telephone conversations. Information collected may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about the products/services in which you're interested, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- We sometimes use other companies to provide services to you or to provide services to us. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information with them. When we do so, these companies are required to act in accordance with the instructions we give them and they must meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act to keep information secure.
- If you consent, we will send you newsletters and details of offers and promotions in which we believe you will be interested.
- Very occasionally, and depending how you set up your communications preferences, desicateringequipment.co.uk may share your details with carefully selected third parties for general marketing and promotional activities.
Once you have registered with desicateringequipment.co.uk, you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current on the "My Account" section of the desicateringequipment.co.uk website. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. You may also change your marketing/communications preferences here. Please note however that if you opt out of receiving marketing material you may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your change is being processed.
You have the right to ask us what personal data we hold about you, and we can supply this information on payment of a small fee. Please contact our customer service team for full details on how to make such a request at email@example.com.
We take appropriate technical and organisation security measures to protect your personal information and ensure that it is processed fairly and lawfully. dabs.com uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including "firewalls" and Secure Socket Layers. We do not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
Our website creates multiple cookies on your machine which contain session and state information. The information within these cookies does not include any personal or financial information. Our website requires cookies to be enabled in the web browser and in any third party security programs to allow tasks such as registering, logging in, buying items or accessing accounts. Please be aware that should cookies be disabled or blocked by third party software, many of our website's features will be impaired or unavailable.
Other companies which advertise or offer their products or services on our website may also allocate cookies to your PC. The types of cookies they use and how they use the information generated by them will be governed by their own privacy policies and not ours.
By using the desicateringequipment.co.uk website you agree to desicateringequipment.co.uk using cookies that are "strictly necessary".
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a sales transaction, a return, or some other interaction with dabs.com via our Customer Services team or our online tools). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting purposes. Please note however, that at any point in time you may opt in or out of marketing communications via the 'your account' section of this website.
- The desicateringequipment.co.uk website is not intended for children and we ask that no-one under the age of 16 submits personal information to us or uses the site without supervision of a parent or guardian.
Changes to this Policy
Scope of this Policy
- UNIT 4
WEST YORKSHIRE, BD4 7BL